Starbucks is the leading brand in the coffee industry. Most of the countries in the world have Starbucks outlets. And every innovative drink is present in every outlet. Besides this, the Starbucks beans, ground coffee, and cans are present at leading stores worldwide. Why is Starbucks different? The reason is that the drinks at Starbucks have their unique taste as the ingredients in the beverages are unusual, exotic, and singular. Moreover, the flavors of each drink are abundant. Hence, one can pick their favorite flavor to excite their palate. Lets read in detail about Starbucks doubleshot espresso caffeine.
Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso
Starbucks double shot espresso comes in a can. It is a summer drink as it is best served chilled. And you can find this drink not only at Starbucks but at other stores too. The interesting thing is that although this espresso is a Starbucks brand, the production is done by PepsiCo. Hence, the reason for the chilled alternative of hot espresso.
Following major elements make your Doubleshot espresso drink yummy;
- Milk (Low-fat, no-fat)
- Espresso (brewed)
- Sugar (17 grams for per 6.5 oz)
- Caramel color
- Ascorbic acid
- Tripotassium phosphate
The division of ingredients is, according to flavor, antioxidants, color, preservatives, and sweeteners.
The taste of the Doubleshot espresso is perfection. The drink is a blend of espresso with cream in it. Therefore the taste is mellow, ripe, and rich as the cream adds more depth to the overall flavor. The drink tastes best when served chilled. As it is ready to drink, you need to put the can in the freezer for an hour or two before drinking.
Caffeine Content in the Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso
Starbucks Doubleshot espresso comes in single and double shot both. And in Starbucks language, they are called solo or doppio, respectively. But we are talking about Doubleshot right now, and the Doubleshot espresso can of 6.5 ounces has about 150mg of Caffeine in it. That is a pretty high amount. The 6.5 ounces is equivalent to more or less 193 ml.
Nutrition Chart for Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso Drink
- Calories 140
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 70mg
- Total Carbohydrates 18 g
- Sugar 17 g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 4g
Flavors of Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso
There are various flavors of the espresso blend of Starbucks Doubleshot. And each character is suitable for a certain group of individuals. Hence, you can easily choose among them and get your favorite pick. The Caffeine may also have a slight variance from the simple espresso and cream blend to an americano. Therefore there are some lighter versions of the blend. A Cubano Starbucks Doubleshot espresso is also famous among coffee drinkers for its taste. And it is a light caffeine drink as it only has about 85 mg of Caffeine for every 6.5 oz can.
Similarly, caramel or salted caramel espresso blend is a favorite of many. It has an even lesser amount of Caffeine in it. Consequently, the Caffeine in it is about 70-75 mg for every 6.5 oz of Caffeine. But these drinks may have added sugar in them due to the presence of additional sweeteners.
Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Caffeine Content
PepsiCo also produces Starbucks Doubleshot Energy drink. But it is a brand of Starbucks. Doubleshot energy drink is an unusual mix as it is a blend of an energy drink and a coffee. Coffee gives you energy itself, but this canned beverage has other ingredients in it to boost up your performance, such as guarana.
Following ingredients are in a 15 oz pack of Starbucks Doubleshot energy drink;
- Starbucks coffee
- Milk (low-fat)
- Skim milk
- Natural flavor
- Cellulose gel
- Ginseng root extract
- Cellulose gum
- Sodium ascorbate
- Seed extract
- Ascorbic acid
- Tricalcium phosphate
- Sugar (25 for every 15 oz)
The division of ingredients is based on coffee content, dairy concentration, antioxidants, natural flavors, energy boosters, preservatives, sugar, and sweeteners.
The taste of the Starbucks double shot energy drink depends upon the flavor. As there are various flavors of these drinks, each one has a different taste. Yet the overall taste has mellowness and ripeness to it. Similarly, the energy in each drink is the same. The power boost is enough to activate your brain with equally good taste.
Caffeine Content in The Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Drink
The Caffeine in Starbucks Doubleshot Energy drink is approximately 145 mg for every 15 oz can. It is equivalent to 445 ml. Although the concentration of Caffeine is less than the Starbucks Doubleshot espresso, yet it is higher than many other drinks. Besides this high caffeine content, it has high levels of sugar in it. So, if you require Caffeine, something to cool you down and a burst of energy, all in one, this needs to be your first option.
Nutrition Chart of Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Drink
The following percentages are according to 15 0z can.
- Calories 210
- Total Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Sodium 170 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 34 g
- Sugar 29 g
- Protein 10 g
- Vitamin D 2mcg
- Vitamin B6 4mg
- Calcium 401 mg
- Iron 0.4 mg
- Vitamin A 120 mcg
- Riboflavin 3.4 mg
- Vitamin C 30 mcg
- Niacin 38 mg
Flavors of Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Drink
Following are the five most consumed flavors of Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Drink;
- Coffee: The regular coffee with a punch of energy can be a good alternative for daily coffee consumption.
- Vanilla: The drink will be rich and sweet.
- Mocha: You will forget all the lattes and cappuccinos after consuming this mocha drink.
- Hazelnut: The hazelnut is one of the famous choices of flavors for the coffees around the world. Surely, the reason is its beautiful nutty yet smooth taste.
- White Chocolate: Who doesn’t love chocolate? Hence, this drink, no doubt, will fulfill all your chocolate dreams.
Starbucks Doubleshot Protein Drink
The protein drink of Starbucks Doubleshot is the newest innovation. Although the coffee flavors of this range are not much but the taste is amazing. And the protein adds health benefits to the coffee as well.
- Starbucks Coffee (brewed)
- Milk (reduced- fat)
- Skim milk
- Milk protein concentrate
- Calcium Caseinate
- Fruit Extract
- Ascorbic Acid
- Sugar (21 grams for per 8 oz.)
Caffeine in the Starbucks Doubleshot Protein Drink
The Starbucks Doubleshot Protein drink has about 110 mg of Caffeine in it for 8 ounce can. This is equivalent to about 235 ml. Besides this, the drink has about 20 mg of protein in it.
Flavors of Starbucks Protein Coffee
Three flavors come in the protein range of Starbucks Doubleshot
- Vanilla Bean
All these flavors are original add more depth to already tasteful drink. Moreover, it is best to serve it cold for more flavor.
How To Make A Starbucks Doubleshot
Here we have for you a simple recipe to make your favorite Starbucks Doubleshot in the comfort of your home.
As the Starbucks have different cup measurement, you can take that in account if you want to, the things you need are;
- Simple syrup, it can be of honey or caramel. (For Tall measurement: 2 tbsp, for Grande measurement: 3 Tbsp, and for Venti measurement: 5 Tbsp)
- Espresso shots (Tall: 2 shots or 3 oz, Grande: 3 shots or 4 1/2 oz, and Venti: 5 shots or 6 oz.)
- Heavy cream or milk (Tall: 2 Tbsp, Grande: 3 Tbsp, and Venti: 5 Tbsp)
Besides this you’ll need;
- A martini shaker or cups with lids
- Mug or glass
- Firstly, you need to take a martini shaker or cups that have a secure lid on top.
- Secondly, add ice to the shaker or cup.
- After that, pour the syrup and espresso shots over the ice.
- Close the lid and start shaking.
- Keep on shaking for about 10 to 15 minutes. The longer you shake, the more foam your coffee will have.
- After you are done shaking, take off the lid.
- Pour your drink in a glass or mug and add cold milk in it.
- Stir it.
- Your drink is ready. Enjoy!
Also, read about triple shot
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1- How much Caffeine is in Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso?
The Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso has about 150 mg of Caffeine in it for every 6.5 oz 0r 196 ml.
2- How much Caffeine is in a Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso Can?
The Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso Can comes in 6.5 oz ounce. This equivalent to approximately 196 ml. And for every 6.5 oz, the Caffeine is 150 mg in a Starbucks Doubleshot espresso can.
3- How much Caffeine is in Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Drink?
The Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Can comes in 15-ounce can. The caffeine content in it is 145 mg for every 15 oz of drink.
4- Is Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso bad for you?
It is healthy to drink Starbucks Espresso if you don’t indulge heavily. As excess of anything is bad. Hence, if you drink the espresso heavily, it may harm your health in several ways.
5- Is 25 mg a lot of Caffeine?
No, 25 mg is not a lot of Caffeine, and you can consume more than that in a day. As the maximum safe limit of the Caffeine to be consumed in a day is up to 400 mg.
6- Does espresso keep you awake?
Indeed, the espresso has heavy amounts of Caffeine in it. And Caffeine is the main factor in keeping your system awake and working. Hence, your sleeping clock will take a toll when you have espresso.
- 1 Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso
- 2 Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Caffeine Content
- 3 Starbucks Doubleshot Protein Drink
- 4 How To Make A Starbucks Doubleshot
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 5.1 1- How much Caffeine is in Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso?
- 5.2 2- How much Caffeine is in a Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso Can?
- 5.3 3- How much Caffeine is in Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Drink?
- 5.4 4- Is Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso bad for you?
- 5.5 5- Is 25 mg a lot of Caffeine?
- 5.6 6- Does espresso keep you awake?